Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Tell Me What You See

July 27, 2009

Often, I have to fight the urge to give them everything that I have on my person because I feel guilty for having so much while they have close to none. But as I walk on, amidst fields so impossibly green that everything else is dimmed in my eyes, I realize how close that borders to condescension. Because they're happy. Some may say that that's because they don't know what lies beyond and maybe to a certain extent, that's true. But it doesn't change the fact that barefoot in the mud, with nothing but a wide emerald expanse before them, they're happy, even if just for a while even if it's in a way that we can't quite comprehend.

And maybe that's more than some of us can ever hope to have.

[Edit 17/02/10: I think "even if just for a while" is the wrong phrase to use. Misleading.]

1 comment:

ich said...

I loved reading all you've written, I have no words for it (they escape me). And your photos are equally mind-blankingly good.